About Hussein Baxter
Hussein Baxter is a Senior Associate in our Corporate team and is based in Dubai. Hussein trained and qualified in London and practised with top firms there prior to moving to the UAE. He advises on a range of corporate matters, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, equity capital markets and other general corporate advisory work.
Hussein was nominated for the Law Society’s Junior Lawyer of the Year 2017, and has been very involved in providing pro bono legal advice. He is also fluent in written and spoken Arabic.
- *Advising Hellenic Bank on its acquisition of a total balance sheet of €10.3bn assets and certain liabilities from Cyprus Cooperative Bank and its capital raise by way of a rights issue and private placement.
- *Advising Pentair plc on the international aspects of the 47 country “carve out” sale of its Valves & Controls business to Emerson Electric Co for $3.15bn.
- *Advising Micro Focus on its merger with the privately-owned US company The Attachmate Group, which constituted a reverse takeover.
- *Advising a leading global investment firm on the proposed merger between the European airline that it owns with another European airline.
- *Advising Macquarie Bank on its debt and equity investment in Energetics Networked Energy, the Scottish-based electricity and gas connections business.
- *Advising a major GCC sovereign wealth fund on restructuring its portfolio of residential property assets in the UK.
- *Advising HSBC UK Bank on the implementation of the ring-fencing of its retail banking operations.
- *Advising Santander on a major ring-fencing reform readiness programme, involving the re-organisation of 50 companies.
- *Advising Polypipe, which was private equity owned by Cavendish Square Partners, on its £490m listing to the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market.
- *Advising the Bank of London and the Middle East on its corporate restructuring and $510m introduction and admission to listing on NASDAQ Dubai.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- 2011 Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- 2010 Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Politics with International Studies, University of Warwick