About Hussein Baxter
Hussein is a senior associate in our Global Transactions team and is based in Dubai.
Hussein trained and qualified in London and practised with top firms there prior to moving to the UAE.
He advises on a range of corporate matters, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. He has advised on some of the largest and most complex multi-jurisdictional carve outs and restructurings. Hussein was nominated for the Law Society’s Junior Lawyer of the Year 2017. He is fluent in written and spoken Arabic.
Advising First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC on the sale of a 60% stake in its payment business, Magnati - Sole Proprietorship LLC (Magnati), to Brookfields Business Partners L.P. The sale has resulted in an implied valuation for Magnati of USD 1.15 billion.
Cleopatra Hospitals Group, a private hospitals group, on its acquisition of Alameda Healthcare Group’s assets and the operational merger of hospitals and medical units.
- AlSeha Holding Company, a joint venture between Noor Investment and Dubai Nexus on the sale of their stake in the UAE company NAS Neuron Health Services, a leading provider of outsourced medical claims processing services in the GCC, to a leading US-based Fortune 500 company.
- Agthia Group, an entity listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange and a leading food and beverages company, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Nabil Foods, one of the leading regional producers of frozen and chilled processed protein products
- Emirates Central Cooling Services Corporation, one of the world’s largest district cooling services providers, on its acquisition, following winning a competitive auction, of 19 district cooling assets from Nakheel PJSC
- Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company B.S.C, the sovereign wealth fund of Bahrain, on its additional investments in McLaren Group Limited in 2021 and in 2022.
- Agthia Group PJSC, on its acquisition of a 100% stake in Ripplette. Corp and Mediterranean Confectionary Company Limited – KSA from various sellers, including the co-founders of the group.
- Agthia Group PJSC, on its acquisition of a 75.02% stake in Ismailia Investments.
- *Pentair on the international aspects of the 47 country ‘carve out’ sale of its Valves & Controls business to Emerson Electric Co for $3.15bn.
- *A financial firm on the carving out of its retail and commercial banking operations from its investment banking arm, the largest ever bank restructuring, which took over five years to implement.
- *Santander on a major bank restructuring programme, involving the re-organisation of 50 companies, and the carving out of its retail and commercial banking operations from its investment banking arm.
- *Hellenic Bank on its acquisition, following a competitive auction, of a total balance sheet of €10.3bn assets and certain liabilities from Cyprus Cooperative Bank and its capital raise by way of a rights issue and private placement.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- 2011 Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- 2010 Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- 2008 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Politics with International Studies, University of Warwick