About Dr. Moritz Becker
Moritz advises clients on complex, cross-border commercial litigation proceedings.
He has particular experience in representing clients in corporate litigation, insurance litigation and energy-related disputes. Moritz also has extensive experience advising clients regarding climate change litigation risks and frequently advises clients in product-liability matters.
A versatile litigator, Moritz’s extensive courtroom experience has given him a very good sense of how legal issues are likely to be decided in courts.
Moritz is the author of numerous articles on litigation, arbitration and commercial law.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising and representing a major European energy company in a landmark climate change litigation case.
- Advising and representing a global car manufacturer in a mass litigation.
- Advising and representing one of Europe’s largest energy suppliers in litigation proceedings concerning claims for compensation following the intermediate shutdown of one of its nuclear power plant.
- Advising and representing a major German gas supplier in arbitral proceedings regarding the price adjustment under a long-term gas supply agreement with an energy supplier.
- Advising and representing an UK life insurer against damages claims from more than 2,000 policyholders in German state courts and the German Federal Court of Justice.
- Advising and representing the sellers in an ICC arbitration and parallel state court proceedings concerning the sale of a bank and certain participatory interests in central and eastern Europe.
- Universities of Muenster and Munich, Germany
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany