About Dr. Markus Benzing
Markus advises clients from the financial sector on all aspects of financial regulatory issues. His clients mainly comprise banks, trading venues, investment funds, asset managers and other regulated entities.
In addition, Markus regularly advises corporates from other sectors on a range of regulatory issues relevant to their business. He also helps clients (in particular listed companies) with regard to capital markets compliance issues (such as market abuse rules of MAR) and represents clients in administrative proceedings before a number of supervisory authorities, including the ECB (within the Single Supervisory Mechanism, SSM) and BaFin, as well as in national and EU courts.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising N26 on regulatory questions in its Series E funding round.
- Advising Scalable Capital on its Series E funding round.
- Advising Trade Republic on regulatory questions in its Series C funding round.
- Advising Nets (via its holding company) on its merger with Concardis Payment Group.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the reorganisation of its asset management activities and the public listing of DWS.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on the proposed merger of equals with Deutsche Börse AG.
- Advising L-Bank in proceedings before the Administrative Board of Review of the European Central Bank and the General Court.
- Advising various banks with respect to the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) and the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM).
- Advising HSH Nordbank and another bank on a variety of issues related to the Comprehensive Assessment by the European Central Bank.
- Advising Air Berlin plc on various recapitalisation, refinancing and liquidity enhancement measures, in particular by issuance of perpetual bonds.
- University of Heidelberg, Germany, and Clare College, University of Cambridge, UK (law)
- University of Heidelberg, Germany (doctor of law - Dr iur)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (LLM in environmental, planning and regulatory law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany