About Dr. David Beutel
David is a partner in our tax practice, and is comfortable with the most complex reorganisations, restructurings, M&A transactions and challenging audit cases.
David's clients include family-owned, private equity, insurance and industrial businesses. Among others, he has recently been involved in complex high-profile M&A/carve-out transactions and some of Germany’s largest restructuring processes.
His clients turn to him not only in transaction scenarios but also for on-going tax consultancy advice and assistance in demanding audit/investigation cases.
David is the author of various publications, and regularly holds seminars on corporate taxation in the context of M&A and reorganisations.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising IVG Immobilien on: its successful restructuring and refinancing (including the largest debt-to-equity swap in Germany); the establishment of its subsidiary OFFICEFIRST (including complex reorganisation measures related thereto); and the sale of OFFICEFIRST to Blackstone.
- Advising Airbus Group on various tax audits, and the multinational carve-out and sale of its defence electronics business to KKR.
- Advising LANXESS on the complex multinational carve-out and establishment of the synthetic rubber joint venture, ARLANXEO, with Saudi Aramco.
- Advising Viridium (formerly Heidelberger Leben) Group on several M&A transactions and the full range of corporate taxation.
- Giving a family-owned group ongoing tax advice relating to various reorganisations, all things corporate tax and beyond.
- Augsburg University, Germany (Doctor of law)
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (Law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater, Germany