About Scott Andrew Cameron
Scott is a senior associate in Freshfields’ global transactions practice and is based in our Dubai office.
He has extensive experience in advising banks, development finance institutions, export credit agencies, sponsors and borrowers at the leading edge of a breadth of finance transactions – with a particular emphasis on project finance and structured trade and commodity finance.
Scott is a native English speaker and is conversant in Russian and Spanish.
- A syndicate of 22 financial institutions across Europe, China and Japan on a multi-source €11.4bn ECAs-backed project financing of the construction by Gazprom of the Amur gas processing plant (with a total capex of ca €19bn) in the Amur region in the Russian Far East;
- AIIB in connection with a debt guarantee facility to the commercial lenders to the Sultanate of Oman under a US$500mln facility agreement with the Lenders (the proceeds of the facility will be used for COVID-19-related expenditures). The PDG will cover obligations amounting up to US$475mln plus interest. The guarantee is backed by a sovereign counter-guarantee and indemnity from the Sultanate of Oman;
- International Finance Corporation in connection with the financing of the construction of a 300 bed tertiary care hospital in Pakistan;
- KazMunayGas, Kazakhstan’s national oil company, in connection with an up to US$3bn finance framework agreement for future development projects, entered into in connection with the sale of Romanian oil company, KMG International N.V., formerly Rompetrol;
- Metalloinvest in connection with the US$1.15bn club pre-export finance facility co-ordinated by ING Bank, Société Générale and Deutsche Bank AG, Amsterdam Branch offered to Metalloinvest Group;
- a State-owned railway as borrower on the up to US$920mln term loan facility provided by a club of European banks;
- the Borrower (concession holder) in connection with the c.EUR550mln refinancing of a major European international airport;
- the banking syndicate arranged by Roseximbank in connection with a US$123mln loan facility to an Ecuadorian GOC, to fund the purchase of hydroelectric power generators from INTER RAO UES. The facility was supported by sovereign payment guarantees from the governments of Ecuador and the Russian Federation;
- the banking syndicate arranged by the Czech Export Bank in connection with a EUR285mln facility to fund the construction of a power plant within the territory of the Russian Federation;
- on standstill terms in respect of a leading Australian bank’s exposure in a US$850mln syndicated multi-option facility and AU$42mln domestic trade facilities; and
- a leading Australian bank in connection with trade finance facilities as part of a syndicated AU$650mln multi-option facility to an Australian livestock producer and exporter.
- Bachelor of Laws (QUT)
- Bachelor of Business – Accounting (Griffith University)
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales
- Licenced to practice in Dubai, UAE