About Alex Carver
Alex covers the full range of infrastructure transactions.
He advises clients on greenfield project financings (including PPP) through to brownfield acquisitions both in the UK and overseas, with a particularly strong track record in CEE/CIS.
Acting for sponsors, credit providers and government authorities, he has particular focus on airports, roads, rail and other economic and social infrastructure.
In the energy sector, Alex is known for his work on renewables transactions.
- Advising the sponsors (Macquarie, Cintra and PORR) on the bid and project financing of the €1bn Bratislava D4/R7 ring road PPP in Slovakia. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising the sponsors - VTB Capital (a subsidiary of leading Russian bank VTB), German airport operator Fraport and Greek investment group Copelouzos - on the St Petersburg Pulkovo Airport $1.8bn PPP scheme in Russia, and again advising Fraport and Copelouzos on the €1bn financing of the concessions to run 14 Greek airports. Read more about the Greece deal in our case study.
- Advising the UK Department for Transport on issues relating to the Thameslink rail project, and the senior lenders on its subsequent refinancing.
- Advising the senior lenders on the Mersey Gateway Bridge project, including Infrastructure UK on its first guarantee of a public bond issuance.
- Advising a purchaser on the acquisition of the UK offshore Galloper wind farm project.
- Advising the finance parties to the successful bidder for the Thames Tideway Tunnel project in the southeast of England.
- University of Leeds, UK (LLB hons)
- College of Law, York, UK (Law Society's final examination)
- Admitted to the New York Bar