About Magdalen Christie
Magdalen is a corporate finance associate in our global transactions group, with experience advising on debt capital markets transactions, corporate treasury loans, derivatives, general corporate financings and other debt products.
During her time at Freshfields, Magdalen has spent time on secondments to the legal teams at Tesco and Octopus Energy.
- esure Group plc on the issuance of £100,000,000 Fixed Rate Reset Subordinated Notes due 2033 and a concurrent tender offer.
- Heathrow Funding Limited on all its corporate financing activities, including the issuance of two series of £70,000,000 6.07% Fixed Rate Wrapped Bonds due 2058 and 2059, guranteed by Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp. and Assured Guaranty UK Limited, and the issuance €650,000,000 4.500% Fixed Rate Sustainability-Linked Bonds due 2035, its first ever sustainability-linked bond.
- The Co-operative Bank Holdings Limited on the issuance of £200,000,000 Fixed Rate Reset Callable Subordinated Tier 2 Notes due 2034 and a concurrent tender offer.
- Issuers and dealers on updates of and drawdowns from EMTN programmes established by various issuers and liability management transactions in relation thereto, including those by Japan Tobacco, Tesco and Landsbankinn.
- Pepco Group on its €740 million senior facilities agreement entered into as part of its initial public offering on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, and its ongoing financing activities.
- Subsea 7 in respect of various corporate financing arrangements.
- RAC on its corporate secured financing platform and refinancings thereunder, including bond issuances under its £5,000,000,000 multicurrency note programme.
- Pandox AB on the refinancing of a portfolio of 21 hotels across the UK and Ireland and an associated internal reorganisation.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- BPP University Law School (Legal Practice Course and Graduate Diploma in Law)
- University of Cambridge