About Christoph Clausen
Christoph specialises in litigation and arbitration. He advises and represents national and international companies in all areas of business and commercial law matters. Christoph is also active in advising on class actions and mass claims with a special focus on data privacy litigation.
He speaks English, German and French.
- Advising a tech client on various aspects of its mass claim defence
- Advising a leading FinTech company in relation to an internal investigation related to a cross-border data privacy incident, including related communications with regulatory and law enforcement agencies
- Acting for Volkswagen in its worldwide defence (except for the US and Canada) against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides
- Defending the British insurer Clerical Medical against one of the largest mass claims in Germany
- Representing a provider of gas caverns in arbitration proceedings against a construction company
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Special Legal Consultant, District of Columbia Bar, Washington, USA
- Heidelberg University, Germany
- University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- University of Münster (Dr. iur.), Germany
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin