About Ben Cohen
Ben works on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property, data privacy and commercial matters.
With a focus on the technology and life sciences sectors, Ben has particular experience working on patent disputes, as well as advising on trade secrets, trade mark, copyright, design right, and commercial contract disputes. Ben also advises on IP heavy corporate transactions, a range of data privacy issues and commercial agreements.
- Advising Heraeus Medical in English High Court proceedings concerning alleged breach of confidence by Biomet and related companies in relation to bone cement products.
- Advising global telecoms company on a major, multi-jurisdictional SEP/FRAND dispute, including advising on client’s SEP portfolio vetting project.
- Advising a multinational bank on outsourcing contractual dispute with its technology software provider, with substantive patent related issues.
- Advising an international automotive company on an ICC arbitration contractual dispute.
- Advising and assisting multinationals and financial institutions, and their insurers, manage their response to significant cyber incidents.
- BPP University Law School – Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
- London School of Economics – LLB in Law (Second Class Honours, Upper Division)
- Solicitor, England and Wales