About Joshua Critchlow
Josh advises corporates, sponsors and financial institutions on the tax aspects of a wide range of transactions.
These include private and public M&A, joint ventures, financings, debt restructurings, and corporate reorganisations. He also advises on tax disputes and litigation.
Josh acts for clients in a range of sectors, but he has a particular focus on energy and natural resources. He has spent time seconded to ExxonMobil, where he worked on a number of upstream oil and gas transactions.
Josh speaks English and Portuguese.
- Advising Mubadala Petroleum on its acquisition of a stake in the Israeli Tamar offshore gas field from Delek
- Advising Occidental Petroleum on its Ghana sale to Kosmos and GNPC
- Advising Public Sector Pension Investment Board, including on transactions involving Angel Trains and Alpha Trains
- Advising ZPG on its acquisition of Confused.com and European insurance-focused comparison platforms from Admiral plc
- Advising AB InBev on the disposal of its Australian brewery business and related IP licensing arrangements to Asahi for $11bn
- Advising ConocoPhillips, Total and Eni on their respective acquisitions of interests in the Teeside oil terminal from Equinor
- Advising Neptune Energy (backed by funds advised by Carlyle and CVC) on its US$3.9bn acquisition of ENGIE E&P International
Brasenose College, Oxford University