About Gareth Davies
Gareth Davies, Senior associate, advises trustees and employers on a wide range of pensions issues. His work includes advising on the pensions implications of major public and private M&A, internal restructurings, restructuring and insolvency matters, drafting and interpretation of scheme documentation, advising on liability management exercises and closure to future accrual, and funding, investment, and contingent asset issues.
Gareth’s experience includes advising:
- Ferguson plc on the pensions implications on the sale of the Wolseley business to CD&R;
- Berry International in relation to its takeover of RPC Group, and negotiations on funding and valuation issues with the scheme trustees;
- A large insurer on the pensions implications of an internal restructuring;
- A major chemical company on its UK pension schemes, including in relation to funding negotiations with its trustee and various benefit issues;
- A multinational oil and gas company on retaining a pension scheme on the sale of the scheme employer, including negotiating funding and transfer arrangements with the trustee;
- Pembroke College, University of Oxford, UK (BA, Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
- English solicitor, admitted October 2011
- Gareth is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
- Gareth speaks native English