About Louis Degeorges
Louis is a senior associate in the financial regulation practice of our Paris office advising financial institutions.
Louis expertise includes advising clients on the regulatory aspects of M&A and Private Equity transactions involving financial institutions; advising financial institutions on the rules applicable to the conduct of their business, provision of their services and marketing of their products; and assisting financial institutions as part of investigations conducted by and/or disciplinary proceedings before French regulatory authorities (ACPR and AMF).
Louis areas of practice also comprises investment management work which notably includes advising: on the setting-up of French funds; and on French registration and marketing rules.
M&A and Private Equity transactions:
- Caisse Centrale de Réassurance, a French State-owned reinsurance company, in the sale of a majority stake in its wholly owned reinsurance company subsidiary CCR RE, to a consortium led by SMABTP and MACSF;
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, as shareholder of Bpifrance SA, as part of the merger between Bpifrance SA and Bpifrance Financement;
- Siaci Saint Honoré and Burrus groups in their combination to create an independent European leader in insurance consulting and brokerage.
- Scorpeo and Euroclear in relation to the setting up of a new corporate actions-related product.
- Global investment banks in relation to their Brexit planning and MiFID II implementation.
- French retail bank throughout the enforcement actions taken by the French regulator ACPR in relation, notably, to its AML-CFT policies and systems.
- French retail banks on an investigation of the French regulator ACPR into their AML-CFT systems.
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (2020 to date)
- Linklaters (2016 - 2020)
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations (2012-2013)
- Université Paris I, Panthéon-Sorbonne - Paris bar exam (2014)
- King's College London - LLM (2014)
- Essec Business School - Master's degree (2013)
- Université Nancy II - Magistère de droit des affaires (2012)