About Igor Dovgaliouk
Igor is a Counsel in our firm’s Amsterdam office and specialises in corporate, financial and securities law.
He is a member of the firm’s global financial institutions group and routinely advises a broad range of clients on many different financial services and regulatory issues, including on the regulatory aspects of complex transactions such as high profile M&A, IPOs and reorganisations.
Igor's other key focus area is equity capital markets transactions, having experience in advising both issuers and underwriters on primary and secondary securities offerings, as well as advising issuers and listed companies on compliance with corporate governance and financial markets regulation matters.
In the course of his career at Freshfields, Igor has worked for six months in the financial institutions group in our London office.
Igor is a native Dutch and Russian speaker and also speaks English, French, German and Spanish.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition by CVC Fund VII of TMF Group from funds managed by DH Private Equity Partners.
- Advising NN Group on its all-cash public offer and related acquisition financings in respect of Delta Lloyd for €2.5bn, to form a leading insurance and asset management company in the Netherlands.
- Advising GIC, a sovereign wealth fund established by the Government of Singapore, as one of the members of the consortium that, among others, includes PGGM, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and TDR Capital, on the acquisition by the consortium of LeasePlan from Global Mobility Holding for a total consideration of approximately €3.7bn.
- Advising UBS on the merger of its European wealth management business into UBS Europe by way of a simultaneous cross-border merger of the Italian, Spanish, Luxemburgish and Dutch wealth management entities into UBS Deutschland, which was at the same time converted into a societas europaea.
- Advising various global banks and asset managers on their Brexit contingency planning.
- Assisting Wereldhave with the preparation of its rights issue through the granting of 13,341,303 transferable subscription entitlements to holders of ordinary shares in Wereldhave’s issued and outstanding share capital pro rata to their shareholdings.
- Advising Ziggo on its IPO and listing on NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam. The offering consisted of a secondary sale of shares by the company’s founding shareholders, which included affiliates of Cinven and Warburg Pincus.
- University of Leiden, The Netherlands (Dutch law - LLM in Dutch corporate law; Minor in Business Administration)
- University of Sankt Gallen, Switzerland (European Summer School in Management)