About Dr. Petra Eckert
Petra specialises in internal investigations, litigation and arbitration. She advises and represents national and international companies in all areas of business and commercial law matters.
Before joining the litigation team at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, she has been working as legal counsel in the sustainable devolpment area at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
She speaks German, French and English.
- Acting for Volkswagen AG in its worldwide defence (except for the US and Canada) against customer claims arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxides.
- Legal Traineeship (Referendariat) at Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt, Chamber of Commerce in Chennai (India) and Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Bonn, Germany.
- University of Freiburg i. Breisgau, (Dr iur)
- King's College London, UK (LL.M. in international business law)
- University of Mainz and Frankfurt a. Main (law)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany