About Jochen Ellrott
Jochen focuses on cross-border private M&A transactions and regularly advises on distressed M&A transactions, restructurings and general corporate law.
His track record is particularly strong in the automotive, healthcare and telecommunications industries.
Having spent 18 years in our Hamburg office before joining our Tokyo office, he has broad experience getting cross-border deals done across Europe, Asia and the US. His clients include strategic investors from Japan, Europe, India, China and the Americas as well as global financial investors and alternative capital providers.
Jochen speaks English, Spanish and French, along with his native German.
- Advising Eppendorf AG on its acquisition of the centrifuge business of Japan’s Koki Holdings
- Advising Liberty Global on the sale to Vodafone of its cable TV and broadband businesses in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic.
- Advising Volkswagen on emission issues.
- Advising Japanese automotive supplier Takata on its restructuring and the sale of its businesses to Joyson Safety Systems.
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim on its asset swap with Sanofi involving Sanofi's worldwide animal health care business and Boehringer Ingelheim’s worldwide consumer healthcare business.
- Advising Amtek Auto, an Indian car-component maker, on a series of acquisitions in Europe.
- Advising Chinese automotive supplier Ningbo Huaxiang Electronic Co on various acquisitions in Europe.
- Universities of Passau (Germany), Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and Hamburg (Germany)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Licensed to practise German law in Japan (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi)