About Dr. Marcus Emmer
Marcus is a real estate lawyer in the firm's global transactions group.
As a lawyer, Marcus specialises in administrative law, in particular in planning and building law, infrastructure planning and aviation law, as well as in real estate law.
He has advised clients in planning procedures for public infrastructure projects (airports, railroads), logistics centres, retail developments and several high-rise buildings. His practice also includes representing clients in litigation, in particular with respect to public law issues.
As a civil law notary, Marcus is active in real estate and corporate transactions, eg complex share and asset deals, corporate transformations and mergers, and share pledges.
He speaks English and German.
- Advising Fraport on the Frankfurt airport enlargement project, a €3.5bn investment including a new runway, new passenger and cargo facilities and further maintenance areas, with a focus on planning law-related issues, aviation law and environmental law.
- Advising an international freight-forwarding company on planning and building issues with regard to the enlargement of a logistics centre close to residential areas in neighbouring properties in Frankfurt am Main.
- Advising FrankfurtHochVier Projektgesellschaft/MAB on the planning and public building law issues in connection with the development of the MyZeil shopping centre and two high-rise buildings.
- Advising several financial investors and an international freight-forwarding company on the acquisition and development of different logistics and freight-forwarding centres in Germany, eg in Bad Hersfeld, Herne, Nürnberg.
- Advising JP Morgan and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on the acquisition of the high-rise OpernTurm building in Frankfurt am Main.
- University of Frankfurt, Germany (doctor of law)
- Nottingham Trent University, UK (LLM)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Fachanwalt für Verwaltungsrecht, Germany
- Notar, Germany