About Ekaterina Ermakova
Ekaterina is a solicitor in our global Pro Bono team and manages the firm’s pro bono practice.
Ekaterina works with a broad range of pro bono clients, from some of the world's largest international NGOs to individual victims of human trafficking. Read more about the firm's pro bono practice here.
Prior to becoming a full-time pro bono lawyer, Ekaterina worked as an associate in our Dispute Resolution practice for five years and in our Finance practice for one year. As an associate, Ekaterina acted for banks, insurers and other financial institution clients on a wide range of transactional, civil litigation and regulatory matters. Ekaterina was also seconded to the in-house litigation team of a multinational bank.
Ekaterina is fluent in English, Russian and Japanese.
- Managing pro bono matters and projects for a wide range of charity and NGO sector clients globally.
- Advising a victim of human trafficking in connection with the enforcement of an employment tribunal award against her traffickers. Find out more about the firm's award-winning Human Trafficking Enforcement Project here.
- Advising a leading voluntary sector client in connection with a dispute with its supplier.
- Leading a Lawyers in Schools volunteer project in collaboration with an insurance sector client.
- Advising an international bank in connection with shareholder class action proceedings.
- Advising an international bank on a multi-regulator investigation into its foreign exchange trading operations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a Ukrainian businessman in connection with a dispute arising out of a joint venture in the metals sector.
- Advising a Russian infrastructure company in connection with an insurance claim arising out of the Libyan crisis.
2008 - 2009: BPP Law School - Legal Practice Course (LPC)
2007 - 2008: London School of Economics and Political Science - Master of Laws (LLM)
2004 - 2007: University of Warwick - Bachelor of Laws (LLB)