About Dr. Andreas Fabritius
Andreas is one of our senior corporate lawyers.
He specialises in public and private M&A as well as general corporate law, in particular corporate governance and directors' liability. His clients include German and international companies, banks, private equity sponsors and sovereign wealth funds, as well as government agencies.
Andreas has also considerable experience in corporate litigation matters.
In addition to his role at Freshfields, Andreas serves as British Honorary Consul in Frankfurt am Main.
- Advising KKR on the taking private of Axel Springer SE.
- Advising RWE on its asset swap with E.ON, including the majority stake in innogy.
- Advising the LSE on its attempted merger with Deutsche Börse.
- Advising the German government on the financial markets stabilisation legislation post-Lehman, the takeover of HRE and the recapitalisation of Commerzbank.
- Advising UniCredit on its takeover of HypoVereinsbank.
- Studied law and economics in Bonn (Dr iur) and Speyer in Germany, at the University of Michigan Law School in the United States (LLM) and the European University Institute in Florence, Italy
- Admitted as attorney-at-law in Germany and New York
- Certified tax adviser (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht), Germany