About Sebastian L. Fain
Sebastian is a partner in New York focusing on mergers and acquisitions, activism defense and corporate governance.
His experience is centered on domestic and cross-border M&A, including public company mergers and de-SPACing transactions, private equity acquisitions, joint ventures, complex business carve-outs and divestitures, hostile takeovers and defense, carve-out IPOs, spin-offs and split-offs.
Sebastian also has experience representing clients in complex commercial agreements and in capital markets transactions, such as IPOs, secondary offerings, block trades, high-yield bond offerings and exchange offers.
He extensively counsels management and boards of directors on governance and disclosure matters.
- Cazoo on its pending $7 billion business combination with US SPAC AJAX I, including a concurrent $800 million PIPE.
- A major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew’s $8 billion business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- AstraZeneca on its pending $39 billion acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Clever Leaves on its business combination with SPAC Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- Universal Music Group on the $3.4 billion sale of 10% of its equity by parent Vivendi to Tencent and related option for Tencent Music to acquire a minority stake in Universal Music's greater China business.
- Global Brands on its $1.38 billion sale of a significant part its North American business to Differential Brands.
- Starbucks on its $7.15 billion global coffee alliance with Nestlé.
- Sears on the $900 million sale of its Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker.
- Spectra Energy on its $28 billion merger of equals with Enbridge.
- Nasdaq on its $1.1 billion acquisition of International Securities Exchange from Deutsche Börse.
- Airgas on its $13.4 billion sale to Air Liquide.
XPO Logistics on its €3.24 billion acquisition of Norbert Dentressangle.
- BGC Partners and GFI Group on the $650 million sale of GFI's Trayport business to Intercontinental Exchange.
- JD, Harvard Law School
- AB in Biology, Harvard University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York