About Tabasam Faqir
Tabasam is a senior lawyer in our Global Transactions (Finance) team based in Dubai.
His practice focuses on event-driven financings and special situations, from complex cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters to corporate, acquisition and leveraged finance, across both conventional and Islamic structures.
- Advising a Middle Eastern airline on a US$500M syndicated multi-source (conventional and Islamic) financing, arranged by Emirates NBD Capital Limited, Noor Bank PJSC and Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC.
- Advising Emirates NBD Capital Limited and Emirates Islamic Bank PJSC, as joint mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners, in connection with the US$550M multi-source (conventional and Islamic) facilities made available to Emirates Healthcare Development Company FZ – LLC.
- Advising international financial investors, including TPG Capital, on the restructuring of one of their senior acquisition facilities in the Middle East.
- Advising an international financial investor in relation to its strategic options (including potential US Chapter 11 proceedings and an English scheme of arrangement) as a lender in a high profile restructuring in the GCC.
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the negotiation of the terms of a proposed debt restructuring with Lafarge Emirates Cement’s senior creditors.
- *Advising the Investment Corporation of Dubai in respect of the debt and structuring of a number of its investments.
- *Advising a leading real estate developer on securing finance for the construction and development of the Dorchester branded hotel in Dubai.
- *Advising Credit Agricole in respect of the secondary sale of debt facilities provided to a construction group in the Middle East.
- *Advising Standard Chartered Bank in respect of its US$ conventional facilities to an automotive group based in the Middle East.
- *Advising a UAE bank in financing an acquisition by a joint venture of two Dubai based investment companies of a minority stake in a fast moving consumer goods group.
- *Advising a major global oil and gas services provider on putting into place £1bn of revolving credit facilities.
- *Advising a listed insurance UK PLC in respect of the refinancing of its £500m revolving credit facilities.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.