About David Franco
David is our Madrid managing partner.
His areas of practice include domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and transactional corporate work for a range of listed and unlisted clients.
David has wide experience in mergers, public takeovers, equity issues, solvent restructurings and corporate governance, as well as in dealing with the cross-border aspects of auction sales and consortiums.
He has varied sector experience across a number of jurisdictions, with a particular focus on financial institutions, real estate and energy.
David is fluent in Spanish and English.
- Advising Mitsui & Co on its strategic investments in Gestamp Automoción and Gonvarri Renewable Industries.
- Advising UBS on its European wealth management cross-border merger to form UBS Europe.
- Advising Barclays Bank on the disposal of its credit card business in Spain and Portugal to WiZink Bank and on the disposal of its Spanish retail banking business to CaixaBank.
- Advising Inmobiliaria Colonial on its inaugural investment-grade bond issue and EMTN programme establishment.
- Advising Cepsa on its acquisition of Coastal Energy Company.
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain (law)
- Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain (diploma in business administration)
- Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain (master's degree)
- Madrid Bar since 1995