About Jan-Willem Geeroms
Jan-Willem advises Belgian and international clients on corporate and finance matters, including capital markets transactions.
He has extensive experience advising listed and non-listed companies on complex corporate transactions, including private M&A and public takeovers, debt and equity capital markets operations and large refinancings.
Jan-Willem regularly advises listed companies on their regulatory obligations, including on market abuse questions, corporate governance matters and transparency obligations. He has particular expertise with respect to the new market abuse regulation.
Jan-Willem is fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- Advising the Swerts family (Soudal group) and 3d Investors on the acquisition of a stake of approximately 25 per cent in Studio 100, one of the largest independent providers of family entertainment in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and worldwide animation studios in Australia, Germany, France and the United States.
- Advising Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (‘OTPP’) on a number of transactions in relation to its controlling interest in Brussels airport. The transactions include (i) the exit of funds managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and introduction of a new consortium of investors comprising APG Asset Management, Queensland Investment Corp, Swiss Life and others for a significant minority interest; and (ii) the sale by OTPP of minority interests to New South Wales Treasury Corporation and the Government Pension Investment Fund of Japan, through a StepStone managed vehicle.
- Advising Telenet on the acquisition of the SFR businesses in Belgium and Luxembourg from the Altice Group, for a consideration of €400m on a cash-free, debt-free basis.
- Advising Telenet on its €1.325bn acquisition of BASE, Belgium’s third-largest mobile network operator, from KPN, including the financing thereof. The transaction included the sale of JIM Mobile, a branded reseller, and its 50 per cent stake in VikingCo, a light mobile virtual network operator, to Medialaan.
- Advising Greenyard on its issuance of €125m convertible bonds, as part of its wider refinancing.
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (law)
- University of Virginia, US (LLM in corporate and finance law)
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (postgraduate degree in corporate finance)
- Brussels Bar