About Igor Gerber
Igor is a global transactions group partner.
His main practice area is corporate law, including M&As and joint ventures.
Igor represents clients in a range of industry sectors, including retail, transport and infrastructure, telecommunications and media, and energy and natural resources.
Clients come to him both for his amicable approach to negotiations and his ability to work efficiently under the tightest of deadlines.
He is a long-standing contributor to the telecoms and media section of the Getting the Deal Through legal information platform.
Igor speaks Russian, English and German.
- Advising Safmar Group on its acquisition of Eldorado.
- Advising ConocoPhillips on: its $7.5bn acquisition of a 20 per cent shareholding interest in LUKOIL, Russia's largest non-state oil producer, and the associated corporate governance agreements; its $3.44bn sale of a 7.6 per cent interest in LUKOIL back to LUKOIL; and its disposal programme in respect of its remaining 12.4 per cent interest in LUKOIL, held via depositary receipts listed in London and valued at around $5.5bn.
- Advising a Russian investor on the proposed purchase (within the commercial competition) of Domodedovo airport, one of the largest airports in Russia. This included a detailed legal review (due diligence) as well as the structuring of the proposed transaction.
- Advising JP Morgan, a financial advisor to MTS, on the proposed $1.27bn acquisition of 50.91 per cent stake in the listed Russian telecommunications operator Comstar United TeleSystems from AFK Sistema, a listed Russian conglomerate.
- International Law Department, Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Russia
- Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany (master of laws)