About Dr. Alexander Glos
Alexander is a financial services partner in our global transactions group and a co-head of the firm's financial institutions group as well as its fintech initiative.
He has a wide range of regulatory expertise and specializes in financial services and markets regulation, including banking, investment services, payment services and asset management. In this context he works on M&A and portfolio transactions, as well as restructurings and reorganisations. He has strong expertise in fintech and EU banking matters, particularly the single supervisory mechanism and the single resolution mechanism.
Alexander writes and presents regularly on financial services regulatory issues and is publisher of a handbook for banking supervision law. He has frequent dealings with various regulators such as the European Central Bank and the German Federal Financial Services Authority (BaFin).
He speaks German, English, French and Russian.
- Advising DVB Bank/DZ BANK on the sale of DVB's land transport finance business to Helaba; and just recently on the sale of DVB’s Aviation Finance business to MUFG.
- Advising HSH Nordbank in restructuring since 2009, including the first successful privatization of a German Landesbank
- Advising Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg on the legal protection against the classification by the European Central Bank (ECB) of the bank as a significant institution before the ECB's administrative board of review and the EU General Court.
- Advising J.P. Morgan on the acquisition of two large portfolios of European performing loans from Hypothekenbank Frankfurt/Commerzbank.
- Advising Credit Suisse on the sale of the private banking business of Credit Suisse (Deutschland) to Bethmann Bank.
- Advising Aareal Bank in relation to the acquisition of Westdeutsche Immobilienbank from Erste Abwicklungsanstalt.
- Advising Debitos on a cross-border joint venture agreement with a loan servicing platform.
- N26, on its Series E funding round, which raised more than $900m from investors.
- Passau University, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Maître en droit, Toulouse, France