About Gabriela R Gomes Strieder
Gabriela specialises in project finance and structured lending - both cross-border and domestic.
She advises lenders, sponsors and borrowers in energy, natural resources and infrastructure projects.
As a member of our Brazilian practice, she also provides assistance to Brazilian clients in Germany, as well as to German and foreign clients planning to invest in Brazil.
Speaks German, English and Portuguese.
- Advising a group of banks and insurance companies led by Talanx Asset Management on their investment in the 832 million project bond financing of the Borkum Riffgrund 2 offshore wind farm
- Advising Fraport and the Copelouzos Group on the €1bn financing of the concession to operate 14 regional airports in Greece. The transaction was awarded European Airports Deal of the Year 2017 at the Infrastructure Journal awards. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising the consortium made up of HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions, JOHANN BUNTE and DIF on the concession and financing of the German motorway A6 'A-Modell' (ie availability model) public-private partnership project.
- Advising Maersk, the world's largest container shipping company, on its takeover of Hamburg Süd, the seventh largest (in particular, the Brazil-related aspects of the transaction).
- Advising a group of insurance companies led by Talanx Asset Management on their investment in the 330 MW Gode Wind 1 transaction, the first project bond financing of an offshore wind farm worldwide. The transaction was awarded European Renewables Deal of the Year 2015 at the Project Finance International awards.
- Advising the concession company PANSUEVIA on the refinancing of the public-private partnership project for the widening of a c.58km section of motorway between Ulm and Augsburg in Germany (A-Modell A8 II), originally financed in May 2011.
- Advising KfW IPEX-Bank on an export credit agency-covered project financing of an onshore wind farm in Uruguay.
- Advising the European Investment Bank on a structured finance facility granted to the project financing of a public-private partnership tendered by Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein.
- University of São Paulo, Brazil (law)
- Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Germany (master of laws degree - LLM)
- Admitted to the Bar in Germany (Rechtsanwältin), Brazil and Portugal (advogada)