About Alon Gordon
Alon advises institutional investors and corporate clients on cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings.
He advises clients across a broad range of sectors and has particular experience advising on energy and infrastructure transactions.
During his time at Freshfields, Alon has been seconded to Citigroup’s investment banking team.
Alon is conversant in Hebrew and a member of the firm’s Israel group.
- Advising APG on its €605m joint venture with Orange Polska to create the largest independent wholesale fibre operator in Poland.
- Advising APG on its €3bn acquisition of European toll road concessionaire Brisa, alongside NPS and Swiss Life Asset Managers
- Advising Neptune Energy (backed by funds managed or advised by Carlyle, CVC and CIC) on its:
- $3.9bn acquisition of ENGIE E&P Petroleum International from ENGIE SA;
- €400m acquisition of VNG Norge from VNG AG; and
- $250m agreement to acquire Edison E&P's North Sea assets from Energean.
- Advising Occidental Petroleum on the international aspects of its US$57bn acquisition of Anadarko, including on the contingent US$8.8bn sale of Anadarko's African assets to Total.
- Advising SSE on the £500m sale of its retail energy business to Ovo.
- Advising PSP and OTPP on the formation of Cubico Sustainable Investments through their joint venture with Santander and the acquisition of a $2bn global portfolio of Santander’s renewable energy projects, including onshore wind, solar and water infrastructure assets, and the subsequent acquisition of Santander's remaining interest.
- Advising OTPP on its acquisition of a 50% stake in Bristol airport from Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund and on its sale of minority interests in Bristol and Birmingham airports.
- Advising MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company on its $1.9bn sale of a 35 per cent stake in Terminal Investment Limited to Global Infrastructure Partners.
- Advising ZPG on its acquisition of Confused.com and European insurance-focused comparison platforms from Admiral plc
- Advising Mars on its acquisition of pan-European veterinary business AniCura from Nordic Capital, Fidelio Capital, management and certain other minorities.
- Advising DAZN Group and Access Industries on the combination of Perform Content, the complete global sports content company, with STATS LLC, the revolutionary leader in sports AI owned by Vista Equity Partners.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its £1.1bn acquisition of global energy consultancy group Wood Mackenzie from Charterhouse Capital Partners and management and its subsequent $2.8bn sale to Verisk Analytics.
- Advising Liberty Global on its £481m acquisition of a 6.4% stake in ITV from BSkyB.
- Advising Liberty Global and Discovery Communications on their joint £550m acquisition of All3Media from Permira, the founders and management.
- Advising Klepierre on its approach to Hammerson.
- University of Birmingham, UK (honours degree in law, first class)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course, distinction)
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators