About Cat Greenwood-Smith
Cat is a Senior Associate in our Environment, Products and Regulatory practice group within our Dispute Resolution department.
She is experienced in large group litigation in the UK High Court across a range of industries.
- Defending Volkswagen in both regulatory and UK High Court group litigation proceedings, in respect of alleged misrepresentations and prohibited practices regarding its vehicles.
- Successfully defending one of the world's largest energy companies in High Court group litigation proceedings brought by a group of Colombian landowners, claiming for environmental damage to their properties allegedly caused by the construction of an oil pipeline.
- Acting for a multinational oil company and a number of its subsidiaries in two seperate UK High Court litigation proceedings, both in respect of alleged human rights abuses allegedly committed by Colombian military and paramilitary forces in the mid-1990s to early 2000s.
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest estate agents in UK High Court group litigation proceedings relating to commission received on property maintenance works.
- Advising various companies on their climate change litigation risks.
- The University of Law - Higher Rights
- Worcester College, University of Oxford - Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL)
- BPP Law School - Legal Practice Course (LPC), Distinction
- King's College London - Bachelor of Laws (LLB), First Class Honours
- University of Strasbourg, France - Diploma in French Legal Studies