About Christopher Hall
Chris is an associate in Freshfields' antitrust, competition and trade practice group.
Chris advises clients on all aspects of UK and EU competition law, including merger control, investigations, abuse of dominance, compliance and risk management strategies.
He advises clients across a wide range of industries, with a particular focus on the technology, financial services and consumer goods sectors, where he advises some of the largest industry players worldwide.
Chris has particular expertise in the intersection of merger control and national security. He advises clients on navigating global foreign investment regimes, including the UK National Security & Investment regime.
During his time at Freshfields, Chris has spent time on secondment at a leading multinational company.
Chris’ experience includes advising:
- A global technology company on its defence against parallel antitrust investigations by the European Commission and the UK CMA, and on its defence and coordination of other antitrust proceedings around the world.
- GXO Logistics on successfully obtaining unconditional Phase 1 approval from the UK Competition and Markets Authority for its £965 million acquisition of Clipper Logistics.
- A number of global clients on investigations by the UK Competition and Markets Authority into alleged unfair sales, pricing and promotional practices.
- Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) on the foreign investment aspects of the issuance of revolving credit lines for the gas suppliers Uniper SE for €18 billion EUR and SEFE GmbH (formerly Gazprom Germania) for €13.8 billion in the context of the energy crisis.
- The German Federal Ministry of Finance in merger control proceedings on the nationalisation and acquisition of sole control of the German gas supplier Uniper SE.
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course (with distinction)
- University of Sheffield, Law LLB (Hons)
- Solicitor, England and Wales