About Maija Hall
Maija is a member of our antitrust, competition and trade practice in London.
Her practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including complex merger control, cartels and other behavioural investigations, as well as EU law litigation.
She has experience across a range of industries, with a particular focus on the financial services and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sectors.
Maija speaks English, Finnish, Swedish and German.
- Cargotec on its proposed merger with Konecranes in relation to the first parallel Phase II review of a transaction by the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and the European Commission, subsequently abandoned after the CMA issued a prohibition decision rejecting the remedy proposal which had been accepted by the European Commission;
- London Stock Exchange Group in relation to the European Commission's merger review of its $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv, securing clearance at Phase II;
- CK Hutchison on the European Commission’s Phase II investigation into its proposed acquisition of Telefonica UK and its subsequent successful appeal of the European Commission’s decision to the General Court of the European Union;
- Wincor Nixdorf in relation to the CMA's review of its acquisition of by Diebold, securing clearance at Phase II.
- NYU School of Law, LL.M.
- University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Member of the Finnish Bar
- Member of the New York Bar