About Andrew Hart
Andrew is a highly regarded litigator, and has acted for a number of prominent investment banks and other financial institutions in a wide range of high-value structured finance, derivatives, retail products and securities disputes.
He has significant trial experience where he has had numerous successes, and regularly advises clients on UK Financial Conduct Authority investigations.
Andrew has also been involved in many of the most significant cases in both the wholesale and retail arenas, covering issues such as market misconduct, mis-selling, and breaches of firms’ systems and controls.
In addition, he is experienced in regulatory proceedings for accountancy firms, particularly before the UK Financial Reporting Council.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on its successful defence of an $8bn claim by Sebastian Holdings arising out of its foreign exchange and prime brokerage operations.
- Advising a prominent investment bank on claims brought in relation to alleged carbon trading fraud.
- Advising Deloitte on the UK government's investigation into the collapse of Rover and the proceedings brought by the Financial Reporting Council.
- Advising various financial institutions in market misconduct, systems and controls, client money, tax, anti-money laundering, mis-selling, wealth management, LIBOR and foreign exchange investigations.
- Advising NMR Rothschild on claims regarding alleged mortgage mis-selling to Spanish expatriates.