About Dr. Kai Hasselbach
Kai Hasselbach acts for major corporate clients and private equity sponsors on public and private M&A transactions, and advises on corporate law.
His practice focuses on transactions involving listed companies and complex industries. He also advises on corporate governance, shareholder and management issues, as well as on related litigation.
Kai Hasselbach speaks German, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Advising a number of major private equity firms, including EQT (acquisition of BSN medical and its sale, Bilfinger’ building & facility services, Siemens’ audiology business and others), CVC (sale of Elster; IPO of Evonik), Cerberus, Marlin Management, Veritas Capital, Arcapita, Providence Equity, Goldman Sachs Direct/PIA, as well as their respective portfolio companies, in various M&A and restructuring transactions
- Advising major German corporates, including HOCHTIEF, IVG Immobilien, Salzgitter and Ströer SE & Co. on governance, takeover law and dual-track M&A transactions.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising the REWE Group on various M&A transactions and governance issues.
- Advising Prime Office REIT on the business combination with OCM.
- Advising Peguform (now: Samvardhana Motherson Peguform) and Tower Automotive Group on several M&A and financing projects.
- University of Cologne, Germany (Dr jur)
- Université de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany