About Andrew Heathcote
Andrew co-leads the firm's global transactions practice in Asia and specialises in debt capital markets and structured finance.
He has acted for arrangers, originators, funders and trustees on a wide range of debt capital markets transactions, including a number of high-profile, innovative and award-winning ones.
Andrew has worked on debt financings across Asia, particularly for numerous Chinese issuers accessing the international debt capital markets.
He also advises on securitisations, tax-structured product transactions and derivatives, while financial institutions seek his help on a range of wholesale market activities, including custody, repo and securities lending and prime brokerage.
- Advising Agricultural Bank of China on the establishment of its $15bn medium-term note programme and several drawdowns under the programme.
- Advising Shui On Development on numerous senior note issuances, a senior perpetual capital securities issue, tender and exchange offers, and consent solicitation for certain of its outstanding notes.
- Advising CK Hutchison Holdings on its issuances of €1.35bn of series A and €650m of series B notes.
- Advising the placing agents and joint lead managers on the issuance by Qingdao City Construction Investment Group of $800m of credit-enhanced bonds and $500m of credit-enhanced senior perpetual capital securities.
- Advising International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation on its inaugural $2bn short-term sukuk programme.
- Balliol College, Oxford, UK
- Solicitor in England and Wales, and Hong Kong
- Entitled to practice in Singapore as a registered foreign lawyer