About Dr. Janina Heinz
Janina focuses on German and European prudential banking and financial services regulation. She also advises on capital market compliance, commercial banking and general corporate law.
Her clients include banks, other financial institutions and unregulated entities in the Eurozone. She provides specialist advisory support and works on M&A transactions in the financial services sector. Janina also advises clients with regard to administrative proceedings before financial supervisory authorities and in the context of external and internal investigations. Having worked as legal counsel for the European Central Bank (Banking Supervision), Janina has particular expertise in Banking Union matters and is familiar with the supervisory practices of the ECB.
Janina has been seconded to the Regulatory Change Management team at an international bank in London advising on the implementation of MiFID2 and recovery and resolution matters. She has also worked in the financial institutions group in our London office.
She speaks German and English.
- Advising DVB Bank SE on the sale of its Aviation and Land Transport Finance business.
- Advising several German credit institutions on the comprehensive assessment and the SREP conducted by the European Central Bank.
- Advising various global banks on their Brexit contingency planning.
- Advising the senior management of a credit institution in the context of external investigations into alleged misconduct.
- Advising various credit institutions on remuneration matters and related dealings with the BaFin and the European Central Bank.
- United World College of the Atlantic, Wales
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Duke University School of Law, USA
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany