About Ryan Hicks
Ryan is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group in New York.
Prior to joining the firm, Ryan was an award-winning journalist with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Canada's largest broadcaster, where he covered politics and breaking news. He also produced original and investigative journalism. He has reported from across Canada, in the US and in Latin America. In 2019, he received the Amnesty International Media Award for his on-the-ground reporting from Guatemala about the root causes of migration to the U.S southern border.
He holds an undergraduate degree in Latin American Studies and International Development and is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
- JD and BCL, McGill University
- Master of Journalism, Carleton University
- Bachelor of Arts (Latin American & Caribbean Studies and International Development Studies), McGill University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Judicial Clerk to the Honourable Flavia K. Longo, Court of Quebec (Criminal Division) 2019-2020.