About Christoph Hinrichsen
Christoph advises on a wide range of European and German competition law matters, regularly representing clients before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission.
His practice comprises merger control, behavioural issues, as well as cartel and dominance cases.
Christoph is also experienced in co-ordinating cross-border transactions where filings in multiple jurisdictions are required. He is a member of our TMT and Global Financial Investors sector groups.
Christoph was recently seconded to our Brussels office.
He speaks German and English.
- RHI/Magnesita (Commission clearance in Phase I with remedies).
- Liberty Global on Telenet’s acquisition of BASE (Phase II, remedies).
- Numerous filings with the European Commission and the Federal Cartel Office. Particular expertise in advising private equity houses and financial investors.
- Advising a large European media conglomerate on auction proceedings for media rights to the German Bundesliga.
- Representing a multinational German conglomerate as an interested third party in EU merger proceedings.
- Advising a global construction company on cartel proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office.
- Advising a German association of banks on an administrative procedure by the Federal Cartel Office relating to alleged anti-competitive conduct.
- BPP Law School, UK
- University of Edinburgh, UK
- Hong Kong City University
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht, an association of German-speaking lawyers specialising in competition law
- German British Jurists' Association