About Alexis Hopwood
Alexis acts on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, joint ventures and other corporate advisory and transactional matters for a range of listed and non-listed corporate and institutional clients.
She has varied sector experience across a number of jurisdictions, but her particular focus is on financial institutions.
In the course of her career at Freshfields, Alexis has spent time on secondment to a leading boutique investment advisory firm, where she worked on the financial and legal aspects of a variety of transactions.
She has also spent time on secondment to the firm's Hong Kong office.
- Advising Prudential UK on the sale of its joint venture stake in its health and protection business to Discovery.
- Advising ING Bank on its disposal of ING Direct, its UK direct banking business, to Barclays Bank.
- Advising Simon Property Group on: its joint venture with the McArthurGlen group; and the acquisition, through a joint venture, of an interest in a number of designer outlet centres in Europe and Canada and in McArthurGlen's property management and development arm.
- Advising Swiss Re on its acquisition of a portfolio of life policies and £1.6bn of assets from Alico, a subsidiary of the MetLife Group.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisition from Pearson of its stake in FTSE International.
- Advising Marsh on the acquisition by MMC UK Group of HSBC Insurance Brokers Holdings from HSBC.
- Advising Gartmore Group on its initial public offering and subsequent takeover by Henderson Group.
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course, 2006-07)
- Nottingham Law School, UK (graduate diploma in law (2005-06)
- Bristol University, UK (BSc, 2002-05)