About Jonathan Isted
Jonathan is an experienced commercial litigator who has handled cases in a wide range of different sectors.
He focuses on complex and challenging multijurisdictional matters, and is skilled in handling the logistical difficulties that arise in such cases. These often require the expertise of local lawyers and experts, and he is adept at pulling together successful teams incorporating different legal systems, language and cultures.
Jonathan has a successful track record in defending high-profile group claims in the environmental, health and safety, human rights, product liability, consumer and retail sectors.
He also has experience of handling sensitive internal and regulatory investigations for a wide range of clients.
- Successfully defending Mastercard in collective proceedings before the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal, the largest damages claim ever brought in the UK. Read more about the litigation in our case study.
- Acting for one of the world's largest energy companies in UK High Court litigation proceedings brought by a group of Colombian landowners, claiming for environmental damage to their properties allegedly caused by the construction of an oil pipeline.
- Acting for a major Chinese mining consortium in the defence of a human rights-based challenge relating to a mining project in Peru.
- Advising the Nuclear Industry Association in response to a judicial review challenge, following the first successful collective regulatory application for nuclear new build in the UK (the Justification application).
- Representing Airlines for America and its member airlines in a judicial review of the UK's implementation of the EU directive that extends the EU emissions trading scheme to the aviation industry.
- LLM in Advanced Litigation