About Dr. Uta Itzen
Uta is experienced in all aspects of German and European competition law, with a special focus on cartels and follow-on litigation, as well as multijurisdictional merger control cases.
In recent years, she has acted in major cartel investigations undertaken by the European Commission and Germany's federal competition authority.
She also represents clients in litigation proceedings before national and European courts, and has broad experience both in conducting antitrust compliance audits on a national and international level, and advising clients in merger control proceedings before national competition authorities and the European Commission.
Uta oversees recruitment and HR responsibilities in Germany and Austria, and advises the firm's senior management in relation to our global HR strategy.
She speaks German, English, French and a little bit of Dutch.
- Representing thyssenkrupp in rail track cartel proceedings led by the Bundeskartellamt (Germany's federal competition authority) and defending the client in subsequent follow-on damages (mass) litigation.
- Representing a number of international car parts suppliers in various cartel investigations led by the European Commission and the Bundeskartellamt, and defending them against subsequent follow-on damages litigation.
- Advising German ATM producer Wincor Nixdorf on the public takeover by US rival Diebold.
- Advising China-based electrical appliance manufacturer Midea on its public takeover of Germany robots manufacturer Kuka. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Conducting multijurisdictional antitrust compliance audits for international clients.
- Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg, Germany (Dr iur)