About Innokenty Ivanov
Innokenty heads the firm's Russian corporate practice in our global transactions group. He is in charge of our work with clients operating in the public sector.
He has worked for major transport, logistics, diamond-mining and energy companies, advising on key M&A deals, disposal programmes of Russian state-controlled monopolies, complex procurement and supply arrangements, financings and capital markets transactions, as well as on corporate, regulatory and compliance matters more generally. This includes assisting large multinational European groups entering the Russian market via joint ventures and 'greenfield' projects.
Furthermore, Innokenty is the head of our infrastructure and transport group in Russia and has acted on a number of groundbreaking projects, including road and railway concessions, airport and seaport infrastructure projects, and public utilities projects. He acts for a variety of parties, including government authorities, project sponsors and financiers.
Innokenty also provides clients with strategic advice in relation to disputes and has been involved in a number of international commercial arbitrations.
He speaks Russian, German and English.
- Advising Russian Railways on the acquisition of a 75 per cent stake in GEFCO, an international logistics operator headquartered in France, from Peugeot and the shareholders agreement between the parties in relation to GEFCO.
- Advising Russian Railways and Federal Passenger Company on a number of transactions related to the supply and maintenance of rolling stock by international producers including Siemens, Alstom, and Patentes Talgo.
- Advising Moscow Metro on all legal matters relating to the financing and supply of metro trains and their life-cycle maintenance. This was the first rolling-stock PPP in Russia.
- Advising the sponsors VTB Capital and Gazprombank on a PPP scheme to construct and operate the Western High Speed Diameter in St Petersburg.
- Advising a consortium of Fraport, VTB Capital and Copelouzos Group as sponsors on the St Petersburg Pulkovo Airport (LED) PPP scheme in St Petersburg, Russia, and on a subsequent sale of a 24.99 per cent stake in Thalita Trading, the operator of Pulkovo Airport, to Qatar Investment Authority.
- Institute of State and Law at the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia (PhD)
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany (LLM)
- Moscow State Law Academy, Russia (law)
- Several expert councils, including the expert council at the Russian State Duma and the expert council on investments at the state company Russian Highways
- Expert of Jury for the National Award Formula of Motion for achievements in transportation
- Contributes to Russian federal laws and regulations in the PPP and infrastructure sectors
- Assisted in the preparation of a pioneering law 'On the participation of the City of St Petersburg in public-private partnerships', enacted in 2006