About Deborah Janssens
Deborah is a corporate partner with 20 years of experience advising Belgian and international corporate clients, private equity funds and financial institutions.
She specialises in cross-border and domestic M&A, finance and capital markets transactions, and provides the full spectrum of corporate and financial law advice, including market abuse, corporate governance and company law.
She works across a variety of sectors, including regulated industries, such as telecom, energy, transportation, financial services and healthcare. She is global co-head of Freshfields’ Industrials sector group, which is responsible for clients in the chemicals, manufacturing, packaging, automotive, defense and other industries. In addition, as a member of the Tech, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector group at Freshfields, she also handles projects requiring tech expertise in a digital transformation context for TMT and industrial clients.
Deborah is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German.
- Universities of Namur and Leuven, Belgium, and Heidelberg, Germany (law)
- New York University School of Law, US (LLM)
- Brussels and New York Bar
- Supervisory board of the Financial Services and Markets Authority in Belgium
- Lecturer in corporate law at the University of Leuven, Belgium