About Michael Bo Jaspers
Michael Bo focuses on EU and German competition law, particularly the antitrust and regulatory aspects of complex multijurisdictional merger transactions and joint ventures, abuse-of-dominance investigations and EU state aid rules.
Clients come from a range of sectors, including consumer goods, aerospace, power generation, chemicals, maritime transport/container-liner shipping and packaging.
Michael Bo has acted for both notifying and third parties before the European Commission and has represented clients before various competition authorities across the EU member states. He is specialised in the coordination of merger control and foreign direct investment filings around the globe.
He has also been involved in merger control and state aid cases before the EU’s General Court and the EFTA Court.
Michael Bo is listed in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Competition 2019 and 2022 and Who's Who Legal Competition 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Michael Bo speaks German, Danish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and French.
- Acting for Siemens on the merger control proceedings of the proposed transformative combination of Siemens' and Alstom's mobility businesses outside the EU.
- Acting for Maersk Line, the world’s largest container carrier, in relation to the merger control aspects of its proposed acquisition of Hamburg Süd, the global number seven in container shipping.
- Acting for AB InBev on the merger control aspects of its acquisition of SABMiller. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Hapag-Lloyd on the merger control aspects of the acquisition of the container shipping activities of Chilean Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores.
- Advising a UK client with global operations on the merger control and foreign investment aspects of a joint public takeover bid and on the merger control aspects of a number of joint ventures.
- University of Saarbrücken, Germany (law; PhD in private international law)
- Copenhagen University, Denmark (law)
- Exeter University, UK (law)