About Jeff Jay
Jeff is a life sciences transactions attorney who represents pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies on transactional, commercial, and corporate matters.
A significant portion of Jeff's practice involves negotiating complex licensing and collaboration arrangements and other strategic alliances. He also frequently advises on mergers and acquisitions and other transactional and commercial matters.
Jeff has previously worked in Freshfields' London office.
Licensing & Collaboration Transactions
- Moderna on its collaboration with CARsgen Therapeutics for the development of a combination therapy consisting of an mRNA-based cancer vaccine and an autologous CAR-T therapy.
- SERB Pharmaceuticals on its license from SFJ Pharmaceuticals to obtain exclusive U.S. rights to bentracimab, a ticagrelor reversal agent.
- Capsida Biotherapeutics on its collaboration with Prevail Therapeutics regarding CNS gene therapies.
- Moderna on its agreement with the State of Victoria to establish a state-of-the-art, domestic mRNA manufacturing facility at Monash University.
- Novartis on its co-development and co-commercialization agreement with UCB regarding disease-modifying therapies for Parkinson’s Disease.
- Spark Therapeutics on its collaboration with Senti Biosciences regarding gene therapies directed to specific cell types in the central nervous system, eye, and liver.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Agenus regarding novel immuno-oncology therapies.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Mesoblast regarding remestemcel-L for the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Tango Therapeutics regarding cancer immunotherapies.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Sangamo Therapeutics regarding gene regulation therapies directed to neurodevelopmental targets.
- Gilead Sciences on its license from Xencor regarding effector-enhanced, broadly neutralizing anti-HIV antibodies.
- Celgene on the restructuring of its collaboration with Jounce Therapeutics regarding immuno-oncology therapies.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Cellular Biomedicine Group regarding the CAR-T cell therapy Kymriah® (tisagenlecleucel) in China.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Hookipa Biotech regarding immunotherapies directed against hepatitis B virus and human immunodeficiency virus.
- Novartis on its pending €2.7 billion acquisition of MorphoSys AG.
- AstraZeneca on its pending acquisition of Gracell Biotechnologies.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica on its acquisition from Pfizer of Fosmanogepix, a clinical-stage antifungal candidate with a novel mechanism of action to treat invasive mold infections.
- Roivant Sciences on its $7.1bn sale of Telavant to Roche.
- Recordati, a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners, on its acquisition of EUSA Pharma (UK) Limited.
- Novartis on its acquisition of Cadent Therapeutics.
- Novartis on its acquisition of Vedere Bio.
- Bausch Health on its option to acquire certain assets of Allegro Ophthalmics.
- Novartis on its option to acquire (and collaboration with) IFM Due.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of Cavion.
- Novartis on its acquisition of IFM Tre.
- Kite Pharma, a Gilead company, on its option to acquire, and related strategic collaboration with, Gadeta B.V.
- Novartis on its acquisition of AveXis.
- Celgene on its acquisition of Juno Therapeutics.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 2011)
- New York