About Jeff Jay
Jeff is a life sciences transactions attorney who represents pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies on transactional, commercial, and corporate matters.
A significant portion of Jeff's practice involves negotiating complex licensing and collaboration arrangements and other strategic alliances. He also frequently advises on mergers and acquisitions and other transactional and commercial matters.
Jeff has previously worked in Freshfields' London office.
Licensing & Collaboration Transactions
- Novartis on its co-development and co-commercialization agreement with UCB regarding disease-modifying therapies for Parkinson’s Disease.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Sangamo Therapeutics regarding gene regulation therapies directed to neurodevelopmental targets.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Cellular Biomedicine Group regarding the CAR-T cell therapy Kymriah® (tisagenlecleucel) in China.
- Novartis on its collaboration with Mesoblast regarding remestemcel-L for the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Capsida Biotherapeutics on its collaboration with Prevail Therapeutics regarding CNS gene therapies.
- Spark Therapeutics on its collaboration with Senti Biosciences regarding gene therapies directed to specific cell types in the central nervous system, eye, and liver.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Tango Therapeutics regarding cancer immunotherapies.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Agenus regarding novel immuno-oncology therapies.
- Gilead Sciences on its license from Xencor regarding effector-enhanced, broadly neutralizing anti-HIV antibodies.
- Gilead Sciences on its collaboration with Hookipa Biotech regarding immunotherapies directed against hepatitis B virus and human immunodeficiency virus.
- Moderna on its agreement with the State of Victoria to establish a state-of-the-art, domestic mRNA manufacturing facility at Monash University.
- Celgene on the restructuring of its collaboration with Jounce Therapeutics regarding immuno-oncology therapies.
- A biotechnology company on its license and related research agreement with a public university regarding a potential treatment for a metabolic disorder.
- A biotechnology company on its license from a teaching hospital regarding a potential treatment for an inherited eye disorder.
- Recordati, a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners, on its acquisition of EUSA Pharma (UK) Limited.
- Novartis on its acquisitions of AveXis, Cadent Therapeutics, IFM Tre, and Vedere Bio and its option to acquire (and collaboration with) IFM Due.
- Bausch Health on its option to acquire certain assets of Allegro Ophthalmics.
- Celgene on its acquisition of Juno Therapeutics.
- Kite Pharma, a Gilead company, on its option to acquire, and related strategic collaboration with, Gadeta B.V.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of Cavion.
- An international pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a priority review voucher.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 2011)
- New York