About Rohan Jerath
Rohan is an associate in our global transactions practice group and advises on commercial, intellectual property and data protection matters.
Rohan advises on a broad range of commercial, intellectual property and data protection issues in transactions including carve-outs, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, disposals, licensing arrangements, outsourcing arrangements and other complex commercial contracts. He works across the sports, media, technology, financial services, healthcare and retail sectors.
During his time at Freshfields, Rohan has been seconded to our team in New York. He has also recently developed our sports industry webpage.
- Advising DAZN, a leading global sport on-demand and live streaming service, on various matters including the sale of a majority stake of its European football portals business to Integrated Media Company (owned by TPG Capital).
- Advising a major international sports broadcaster on its position opposite every major sports rightsholder worldwide following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on various matters including its investments in Premiership Rugby and PRO14 Rugby, and its acquisition of a stake in Webpros from Oakley Capital and other investors.
- Advising Smiths Medical on its negotiations with the UK Government and a consortium of blue-chip British medical, engineering and technology companies in connection with the emergency ramp-up, manufacture and supply of ventilators during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising Thermo Fisher on its €725m acquisition of Novasep's Belgian viral vector business which offers contract manufacturing for vaccines and gene therapies.
- Advising SSE on the sale of its domestic retail energy business to OVO Energy and related brand sharing arrangements.
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner on the sale of its brewery and beer brands business to Asahi Europe and related beverage supply arrangements.
- Advising Alpek, a leading petrochemical company in the Americas, on its acquisition of Lotte Chemical UK from South Korea-based Lotte Chemical Corporation.
- Advising ReAssure on its acquisition of the heritage insurance and pensions business of Quilter.
- Advising a prominent venture capital firm on its acquisition of a majority stake in a US-based mobile application business for travel planning and flight tracking.
- IP Transactions, University College London
- LPC, BPP University Law School
- LLB, University of Sussex
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Society of Computers and Law