About Richard Johnson
Richard advises the world’s leading financial sponsors and multinational corporations, often in the infrastructure space.
He has experience across the corporate spectrum, with a particular focus on cross-border private and public M&A.
Richard has worked in our London, Hong Kong and Beijing offices, and spent time at Heathrow on secondment to airports operator BAA.
Richard has recently advised:
- ArcLight Capital Partners, including on the disposals of North Sea Midstream Partners and Bizkaia Energia.
- Berry Global (listed in New York), including on its recommended takeover of London-listed RPC Group plc.
- BP (listed in London), including on its acquisition of BHP Billiton’s onshore US shale assets.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in relation to a number of its investments including as shareholder in Allied Universal on the latter's recommended takeover of London-listed G4S plc, and as shareholder in FNZ.
- Debenhams (formerly listed in London), including on its financial restructuring and sale of IP to boohoo.
- DP World (formerly listed in Dubai) in relation to the recommended offer from its controlling shareholder Port & Free Zone World FZE.
- Esken (listed in London), including in relation to transactions involving London Southend Airport, Stobart Air and Carlisle Lake District Airport.
- Ferrovial (listed in Madrid), including on the disposal of two stakes in London Heathrow airport, the disposal of London Stansted airport and the disposal of London Gatwick airport.
- Greensands, the holding company of Southern Water, on the sale of a majority stake in the company in return for a significant investment from Macquarie.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, including on its takeover of London-listed KCOM Group plc.
- Michelin (listed in Paris), including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Fenner plc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, including in relation to transactions involving Brussels airport, Copenhagen airport and Societa Gasdotti Italia.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, including on transactions involving Angel Trains, Alpha Trains and Forth Ports.
- Saputo (listed in Toronto), including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Dairy Crest Group plc.
- King’s College, London (bachelors degree in law, first class honours)
- Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford (masters degree in law)
- England and Wales (2011)
- Hong Kong (2017)