About Richard Johnson
Richard advises the world’s leading financial sponsors and multinational corporations, often in the infrastructure space.
He has experience across the corporate spectrum, with a particular focus on cross-border private and public M&A.
Richard has worked in our London, Hong Kong and Beijing offices, and spent time at Heathrow on secondment to airports operator BAA.
Richard has recently advised:
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, including in relation to Brussels airport, Copenhagen airport and Societa Gasdotti Italia.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, including on its acquisition of and subsequent sales of minority stakes in Forth Ports Limited.
- ArcLight Capital Partners, including on the disposals of North Sea Midstream Partners and Bizkaia Energia.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, including on its takeover of London-listed KCOM Group plc.
- Ferrovial, including on the disposal of two stakes in Heathrow airport, the disposal of Stansted airport and the disposal of Gatwick airport.
- BP plc, including on its acquisition of BHP Billiton’s onshore US shale assets.
- Berry Global, including on its recommended takeover of London-listed RPC Group plc.
- Saputo Inc., including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Dairy Crest Group plc.
- Michelin, including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Fenner plc.
- Tesco PLC, including on the disposal of its Korean business, Homeplus, to a group of investors led by MBK Partners.
- Debenhams, including on its financial restructuring and sale of IP to boohoo.
- King’s College, London (bachelors degree in law, first class honours)
- Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford (masters degree in law)
- England and Wales (2011)
- Hong Kong (2017)