About Simon Johnson
Simon is co-head of our global transactions practice and specialises in real estate transactions.
He has wide experience of advising sponsors, investors, corporations, and banks and other financial institutions on real estate financing transactions (including CMBS structures), restructurings, syndicated loan facilities and capital markets exits.
Simon's ability to juggle different structures, and his understanding of the interests of multiple participants, put him in a strong position when it comes to grappling with complex issues in a range of real estate finance transactions.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the €300m refinancing of Blackstone's acquisitions of three Spanish non-performing loan portfolios.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund on the £678m and €118m refinancings of its acquisitions of a trophy London office block and a large hotel in Barcelona, Spain.
- Advising Citigroup as arranger of the refinancing of the acquisition by Goldman Sachs REPIA and Greystar of a large portfolio of UK student housing assets.
- Advising Goldman Sachs as arranger of a loan-on-loan financing to a sponsor acquiring loans originally made in respect of real estate assets in Germany worth €1.1bn.
- Advising Capita Asset Services UK as special servicer on the £1.2bn financial restructuring of the financing of a portfolio of care home properties managed by NHP and leased mainly to Southern Cross.