About Dr. Tristan Kalenborn
Tristan specialises in public law, with a particular focus on foreign investment law, product and product safety law and environmental law issues within transactions across numerous sectors, such as energy, healthcare and infrastructure, and jurisdictions.
He has a particular experience in regulatory advice in cross-border transactions, and his clients include strategic and financial investors (including PE funds).
Furthermore, Tristan provides regulatory advice to clients in the automotive, energy and healthcare sector, including proceedings at public authorities and litigation.
He is fluent in English and German.
- Advising RWE on its asset swap with E.ON, including the majority stake in innogy.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Regulatory guidance for the Volkswagen Group on NOx emissions from diesel vehicles in multiple jurisdictions across continents.
- Advising Emerson Electric on its acquisition of the Aventics-Group from Triton.
- Advising BASF SE on the Joint Venture of their Oil and Gas subsidiary Wintershall with DEA.
- Regulatory guidance for a clothing retailer on product law and recalls across Europe.
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany (legal education and Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany