About Sundeep Kapila
Sundeep is a senior partner in our global transactions practice, specialising in public and private mergers and acquisitions, demergers and joint ventures. His practice encompasses a broad range of sectors including financial services, payments, technology and consumer products.
Sundeep is also the global relationship partner for many of the firm's largest clients including Deutsche Bank, State Street, Visa, Uber, GAM, AIG, Zurich, PayPoint and United Biscuits.
- Advising State Street on its US$3.5bn acquisition of Brown Brothers Harriman's Investor Services business.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on its EUR 1.6bn acquisition of NN Investment Partners from NN Group.
- Advising State Street Bank and Trust Company on the US$2.6bn acquisition of Charles River Holdings and on its acquisition of BestX.
- Advising Bank of America on the £7bn sale of MBNA to Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advising AAplc on its public acquisition by Warburg Pincus and Towerbrook.
- Advising Uber on various cross-border M&A transactions including the sale of Uber Freight to, and investment in, sennder GmbH and its investment in Grupo Moove.
- Advising Visa on its public offer for Earthport plc and on its strategic investment in solarisBank and ongoing commercial arrangements.
- Advising numerous banking consortia on the establishment of various electronic trading platforms including ParFx, Socx, Bondclick and LiquidityHub.
- Advising PayPoint on its acquisitions of Merchant Rentals and Handepay Limited.
- Advising ReAssure on their acquisition of the mature savings business of Legal & General.
- Advising on various M&A transactions for Deutsche Bank including the disposal of its prime broking business to BNP Paribas; the sale of its UK and US asset management businesses and its £977m acquisition of Lloyds Abbey Life.
- Advising on the public offer by Zurich Insurance Group for RSA.
- Advising on the £1.4bn acquisition of the London Metal Exchange by Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing.
- Advising on the £2.51bn sale by Scottish & Newcastle of its retail division and the £7.6bn takeover offer from Heineken and Carlsberg.
- Advising Blackstone and PAI on the £2bn sale of United Biscuits to the Pladis Group.
- Oxford University, UK (MA law)