About Dr. Boris Kasolowsky
Boris is co-head of the firm’s international arbitration group.
He acts as counsel and as arbitrator in international arbitration proceedings. He also assists clients in arbitration-related, cross-border litigation, including in the English High Court and the German courts. Boris also advises clients in relation to human rights and leads the German Business and Human Rights Practice.
Boris is qualified to practice in Germany, England and Wales.
He speaks English, German, French and Arabic.
- Representing a global industrial company in various ICC arbitration proceedings related to long term supply agreements in multiple jurisdictions;
- Representing a major German chemical company in ad hoc proceedings relating to a post-M&A environmental liabilities dispute;
- Representing a major German industrial in ad hoc proceedings arising in connection with the dissolution of a major joint venture in the energy sector;
- Representing a major European financial institution in ICC arbitration proceedings and related proceedings in relevant offshore jurisdictions in a post-M&A dispute;
- Representing an offshore corporate entity in a joint venture dispute over a shareholding in a property venture in the Ukraine. The dispute included proceedings under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, the LCIA Arbitration Rules and related proceedings before the English Commercial Court and the Cypriot courts;
- Representing Albania in Anglo-Adriatic Group Limited v Albania (ICSID case number ARB/17/6), regarding an alleged investment in privatization vouchers issued by Albania in the 1990’s;
- Representing investors against Germany (ICSID case number ARB/19/29) regarding regulatory measures in the renewable energy sector;
- Representing Romania in three separate ICSID arbitration proceedings: Micula v Romania (ICSID case number ARB/05/20) and Dede and others v Romania (ICSID case number ARB/10/22);
- Representing investors against Bulgaria including EVN AG in ICSID case number ARB/13/17, regarding regulatory measures in the energy sector.
- Hamburg University, Germany (doctorate in law)
- School of Oriental and African Studies, London University, UK (MA)
- Oxford University, UK (BA in Jurisprudence)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts Civil)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Faculty of the Academy of International Commercial Arbitration in Cologne, Germany