About Petya Katsarska
Avocat à la Cour, Petya advises French and international companies on all aspects of competition law.
She has extensive experience in cross-border merger control filings, cartel and abuse of dominance investigations as well as ensuing litigation, and EU State aid proceedings. She also advises clients on foreign investment filings and regulatory issues.
Her practice encompasses counselling, litigation, and transactional matters across an array of business sectors.
Petya was seconded for six months to EDF Group’s competition department, where she gained significant experience of the energy sector.
Petya is fluent in French, English and Bulgarian.
- Advising EDF on the merger control aspects of its contemplated acquisition of part of GE Steam Power’s Nuclear Activities.
- Representing Volvo/Renault Trucks on the co-ordination in France of follow-on damages litigation arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Representing Yoplait in its successful defence of damages claims following the French Competition Authority’s decision in the fresh dairy products sector.
- Advising French lottery operator Française des Jeux on its IPO and privatisation process.
- Advising clients on joint purchasing cooperations in front of the French Competition Authority.
- Advising Saur Group on the merger control aspects of its acquisition by EQT Infrastructure.
- Advising EDF on the merger control aspects of the acquisition of a majority stake in Areva NP’s business, alongside Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Assystem as minority shareholders.
- LL.M in European Law, College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium)
- Master, European Law, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University (France)
- Avocat à la Cour (Paris Bar)