About Dr. Barbara Keil
Barbara is leading our global chemical industries group.
Barbara has strong expertise in multijurisdictional M&A, joint ventures and corporate carve-out transactions. She also brings specific sector knowledge – in particular, chemicals, automotive, Industry 4.0 and digital – to the table.
Barbara regularly advises on large multijurisdictional deals and group wide reorganisations and helps her clients to navigate the dynamics of difficult deal scenarios and complex negotiations with the speed and sensitivity the deal requires. Barbara also advises on joint ventures and critical commercial contracts such as feedstock supply agreements and co-operation agreements, which often hold the key to a successful merger, carve-out divestiture or joint venture.
She speaks German, English, French and Spanish.
- Advising Novartis Pharma AG on the sale of Novartis Manufacturing GmbH and its Marburg vaccine production site to BioNTech.
- Advising Advent International on the €3bn acquisition of Evonik Industries AG's global methacrylates, acrylic products, CyPlus and methacrylate resins business.
- Advising Solvay on the carve-out and sale of the global Acetow business to Blackstone and on the sale of its North American and European amphoteric surfactant business to OpenGate Capital.
- Advising Emerson Electric on the acquisition of the international pneumatics technology provider Aventics Group from Triton.
- Advising Honeywell on the acquisition of the Elster Group from Melrose for €4.6bn and on the carve out and sale of the Friction Materials business.
- Advising Advent International on the sale of Vinnolit, a leading PVC specialty chemicals company to US listed company Westlake Chemicals.
- Advising FMC Corporation on the carve out sale of its Peroxygens business and on the acquisition of Cheminova, an international agrichemicals business, from Auriga.
- Advising Japan listed company Kurita Water Industries on the acquisition of the water, paper and alumina business of Israel Chemicals.
- University of Passau, Germany
- Dr. iur. Humboldt Universität Berlin